Thursday, May 18, 2006

kroY weN , New York


Less than a week and a half until my bride, of One Year, and I leave for New York City. We were not actually intending to go to New York anytime soon but when the right pair (price) of tickets showed themselves to us we snagged them when we could. My wife is stoked due to Midwest Airlines having free warm chocolate chip cookies on the flight. Due to having a layover each way that means four cookies for each of us each flying day, SCORE!! My iPod is loaded and ready for the flight!!

Our trip will take us thru Milwaukee which is too cool especially with a couple hour layover each way. My brother and his family are going to meet us at the airport on the way there. We are going outside of the airport to have lunch. We get to see my nieces, how cool is that?

On the way back I am having a few friends pick us up at the Airport for dinner. Yes I am from the Milwaukee area if you are unaware of my past and could not do your best CSI investigating impersonation.

We have a few things planned when we are there but are trying not to be your typical tourist. Yea like that will happen in New York! Isn't everything touristy in NY? If you have been there and have any suggestions of what to do and where to go please let us know.

Our last night we are taking a Cruise in a large yacht around the island and up to the Statue of Liberty. It is a dinner cruise where I will have to have a Jacket to be let on board. Not cuz it is cold but cuz it is classy. Who signed up for this anyway? That would be me. This will be a great way to celebrate with my bride for one year of life together as one.

This Sunday is actually our 1st Anniversary but we will be spending that time with the team of kids we are leading to Costa Rica this summer. GO CR1!! Yes feel sorry for us since we are going to New York for 4days and then a few weeks later going to Costa Rica for 10 days. What can I say God is good and has blessed me with much, especially my Wife.

I will post some pix after the trip!!

Peace,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! I am so excited! I have the sweetest hubby around (could it be those cookies?) giggle giggle giggle :)

Steve said...

!repaehc seikooc teg dluoc uoy teb I tuB !looC

Toebee's Fumes said...

Yea, well these cookies come with a good helping of New York on top of them.

Anonymous said...

yes well you must visit the house that ruth built then, and take a picture for you token yankee fan friend.

Toebee's Fumes said...

Most likely we will not make our way to the stadium. Sorry dude!!