Wednesday, November 07, 2007

HUH?

This afternoon my wife and kiddo came and took me to lunch. They decided to take me to a Chinese Buffet, the only way to go for Chinese food in my book.

Well we ate and our waitress brought us our bill with three fortune cookies, one for the kiddo and one for each of us.

I opened it up and do not understand. I will list both sides for you since one side has the saying and the opposite side has your “lucky” numbers in case you are a betting person.

Fortune: “Your lucky number for the week is seven.”
Lucky Numbers on opposite side: 11 13 21 32 40 46

Do you see what I see? Help me to understand this, please.

2 comments:

Seth said...

I'll shed some fortune light...

The standard fortune cookie has two sides to it. One with a "fortune" (although recent history, the art of fortune writing has turned into vague horoscope-esque style "you are very special" crud).

The back of the "fortune" is normally printed with your lotto numbers for the week. So, you got a bad fortune, getting a "lucky number" and a lotto number set.

But hey, maybe if you play SEVEN as your MAGIC NUMBER, you'll score big! If so, I get a percentage.

Toebee's Fumes said...

OMGosh! Seth, long lost! Well at least to us but not to himself!!