Thursday, January 03, 2008

Disappointing "style"

Even though we as a family had a great Christmas and a very happy New Year I was left a bit disappointed. Unfortunately this was not the first time this type of thing has happened to me. I know it has happened most likely to you as well.

We were visiting Hot Springs to visit my wifes Grandmom, Aunt and Uncle and a few other of her family members. It was a great time away from Big D but yet again I tell you I was a bit disappointed.

The first time that we were in Hot Springs we visited "Smokin in Style", an establishment that I was looking forward to visiting once again. It is a BBQ place, I know I know there are so very few BBQ's here in Texas. I was impressed to find a great BBQ place in Arkansas! I especially liked their potato salad that they have to offer. Just before we were to depart we found out that it was closed between Christmas and New Years. So no go for us this vacation, maybe this summer when we make it back it will be open for us to try once again.

Why do they do that? I know it is nice to be off and to give their employees a nice time for vacation, but what about my vacation? Can I not have a nice vacation as well?

Also on a vacation to Milwaukee I tried to frequent the best Deli in the World "Jake's" but it as well was closed. When ya eat your way thru vacations as I tend do it gets a bit frustrating since ya have to try to find some new place to go to. Ugh!

Well HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: