Monday, July 24, 2006

This past week

I guess I am of no interest to anyone anymore, OK not me but my Blog!! But that is fine by me it will go on with or without.

Well this past week was a busy one for me and the little lady. First we were @ Holly Lake for her families Family Gathering there. We met up there on Friday as I drove from Dallas the 2 hours there and she drove with her family from Houston. It was nice to spend the weekend with her and her family. Also to float away some time out in the lake was nice as well the sun this summer does not scare me. By the way her Grandma rocks at the game Phase Ten, we only got thru half the game but she rocked the whole game if I remember correctly.

Well this week we took a significant step in letting know the Missions Department at our Church our intentions to be out in the field as soon as possible. This is a great opportunity to share our desire of the Lord with those around the world. We are excited about the whole process with a large unknown factor. What direction the Lord will lead us and for me how much I need to learn such as Bible and Language skills. As a person who does not speak the best English, I know some of you are acting surprised, it will be hard for me to learn a possible new language. YIKES but with the Lord we can do anything he has asked. Help me to remember that, please!!

Friday we went North to Gainesville to visit her other Grandparents Farm there. It was a nice time to also see Alycia's Cousin Kristy and her husband Bobby. Bobby and Pop-Pop (Grandpa) are in the process of building a two Story home from the shell of an old dairy barn. The process has been slow for them but the house looks great. It will be a nice home for them made from their own sweat and Love from friends and especially Pop-Pop. I look forward to seeing how the final results of all of their hard work.

Saturday night was an awesome night for the two of us with the team that went to Costa Rica with us a few weeks ago. We invited all of the students over to have dinner and hang out reliving the trip. We encouraged a few of the team members by asking "Does Ministry end in Costa Rica?" Did we not pack it on the return flight for home or did we leave it there? The answer was NO!!

Leading into the night we thought we would not have one team member for the whole night and one we thought would not be there. But we had everyone walk thu the door to spend the night with their teammates. Does that answer the question "does Ministry end in Costa Rica?"

Secondly the Food Team organized dinner for the team. H. Talley (Heather) brought an awesome tasting Mexican Casserole while the others brought side dishes and desserts. Everything was awesome and there was plenty left over. "Does Ministry end in Costa Rica?"

Hanner (Hannah) and Mega (Megan) brought T-shirts for each of us to design a 1+4=2 t-shirt for ourselves. It was a great idea and in some cases a great looking shirt. Others had more paint on their hands than on the shirts they were creating. They also shared a vision with us about how our Team can continue to share with others less fortunate than us here in Dallas and to each other. "Does Ministry end in Costa Rica?"

Alycia and I shopped a bit during the day for some great gifts for the team. It was a fun way to remember each other in ways that we may have forgotten. We gave each one of them a fun award and a fun ribbon. I believe they enjoyed it and had fun with the time and the goofy gifts we gave them.

From there we had some time to share with each other things we learned from the trip. Most of it of course was about ourselves. All in a way that I know made the Lord smile cuz he got his point across to each one of us. Some learned where our passion lies whether it is here in the States with family, friends and others around town or serving him overseas. Some found where they had found their identity especially when it was not in the Lord. Some learned how they deal with other people whether in a team format or just in life general. How awesome it was to hear each one of them share with each other, being honest with themselves and with each other. how awesome is HE.

I believe you can see the answer to my Question "Does Ministry end in Costa Rica?"

1 + 4 = 2

Well from there we ended the weekend in a spiritual manner of going to hurricane Harbor. It was fun to be there with my wife and enjoy the rides but I have experienced better parks. Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells trumps this park, no contest. Still looking for that time to go to the ultimate park south of here called Schlitterbahn!! Heard that one rules all others.

Who ever thought I could write (not that it is great writing) and enjoy it?

3 comments:

Steve said...

I still read--I just don't comment much (I read through bloglines, so it wouldn't show in your stats). I don't get the 1+4 thing.

Anonymous said...

1= 1 Team
4= 4 God
2= 2 Rooms - We had two rooms that we had put drywall up in for class rooms at the Church in Costa Rica. Now that we are home we have altered it a bit to "2 Impact". This was and is our Mission Statement for this team.
So 1 team + God = an Impact to those we are in contact with.

1 + 4 = 2

Anonymous said...

HEy there babe! I read it and thought I'd comment this time to show you that you are loved!!!!

Thanks for the nice things you said about my fam!

I love you!

:) Ally (the name Rylan calls me!)