Sunday, July 02, 2006

Passion found again, 1+4=2

Unfortunately we made it back to Dallas.

Why say unfortunately? Is it that I do not like Dallas or the United States? OK Dallas is not my fav place in the world but the United States I do love.

Well let me try and explain. We returned on Wednesday June 28th and I had to return to work the next day. Well as I was walking into the office I realized so many things:

1st My office was empty since I arrived a bit early

2nd I did not want to be home. This meant that I was no longer around my team mates. Even though they gave us "credit" in dealing with them we could not have asked for a better group to be around for 10 days. I miss them all, it is not the same w/out their enthusiasm and their personalities around 24/7. (Picture is of our team behind bars)

3rd I realized my passion again as we were in Costa Rica. My Passion for His hands work returned for those 10 days in the field. Now being home I have a renewed vigor to get to the field as soon as my wife and I can. It is tough to be here in the US While my heart is with those around the world. I have had many "crazy" thoughts since my return. One of those being school. AHHH will the real Toby please stand up? So I will be looking into Bible Classes at local Churchs to learn more about the Lord. This way once we get to the field my knowledge of him will be further advanced to where it is at this time. I have more of the relational knowledge than of the our Lord.

4th the kids that we had the priveledge to meet and Love on. All these kids come from places that we cannot understand. Some of the kids even came from a Barrio that is run by Drug Dealers. Each day our van would enter thru Barracades set up by these dealers into the Barrio. First praise the Lord that these kids were allowed to enter our bus and into our lives so we could introduce them to hope in Jesus Christ our Lord. It was hard to drop the kids back off each day into this environment and know that we gave them 10 of their best hours in their young lives so far.
The 2nd photo is a packed van with 42 kids from this particular Barrio.

This trip did not have the "Spiritual high" we tend to always look for and want in a trip like this but it taught me tons of who I am and how strong my Passion for missions is. It was a trip that blessed me greatly in so many ways.

OK here is a little bit more info on our trip:
VBS - We started out the first day with about 60-75 kids and on the 5th and final day we had more than 150 kids in attendance. How awesome was that especially since they had school and some skipped school to attend. Mega and Hanner did an awesome setting up our VBS Program and then running the entire time. We had 2 hours with the kids each day in the Bible presentation, crafts and games and more games.
This picture is on our last day with over 150 kids.

Construstruction - We were given the task of putting up Drywall in two classrooms. The walls before Drywall were Tin so they were very hot for the classes being held there. We have given assistance to those within the classrooms by cooling it down with the Drywall so they can be more comfortable to learn more about him. We struggled at first and finished strong with a great team effort. This was the first time doing drywall for our entire team so it took a few struggles for us to understand and to get it right. I have to give props and a shout out to my partner in construction, H Talley word up!
Hanner and 1/2 of team H Talley in one of the classrooms we worked in.

Over the full weekend we were there we went to Manual Antonio National Park and had a great time at the Beach and in the Jungle. The cool thing is that the Jungle came right up to the beach were critters like Iguana's, Monkeys and other local creatures would venture out and try to get into bags that people had brought with them. On Sunday on our way back to San Jose we had an awesome time Zip Lining through the Jungles Canopy (Picture below in past blog). Congrats to Hanner and Mega for taking a Risk and going along with the team on the ZipLine.
Manual Antonio beach, Costa Rica

No comments: