Friday, October 20, 2006

Blow Pops

OK This weekend we have our Fall retreat with the Junior High kiddos from my Church. So to be the cool leader for the kids in my cabin I thought what kid does not love a sucker. OK I admit I have been one of those a few times in my life but the ones I am talking about are the ones on a stick with the bubble gum inside. How many licks does it take kind, oops those are the tootsie pops aren't they?

Well anyway I am tooling around the candy aisle at wally world (Wal-Mart for those unfamiliar with said store) and the only size bag that I could find was one with 71 pops. OK my cabin will hold maybe ten kids but what I know of right now is that there will be 5 of us in the cabin. That means I have 14.2 pops for each of the kids. If I were smart and went past a hospital I would have just stopped and got an IV for each kid and load it up with liquid sugar. Cuz the students usually bring the candy aisle with them as well as me feeding them more via blow pops.

Oh yea there is a "snack" shop there as well where they can get fueled up for the remainder of the night. The best thing this year is I do not have RT in my group anymore. He would literally bring his whole bedroom along with a 12 pack of Mt. Dew (or were they Cokes) for the nights. Well anyways he is no longer in my group and I will not miss him this time around. Do not get me wrong he is a great kid with a great heart but those two things I will remember the most. Especially this summer in Costa Rica he was all about getting a huge bottle of Coke at the corner little store almost everyday. Also his jokes, if you can call em that, until 2 in the morning were just the worst.

Well anyway we are off this evening and back on Sunday, SWEET (literally)!!

No comments: