Thursday, August 17, 2006

30 Days

A few days ago we were at a friend’s home watching the TV program 30Days. This program was spawned from the Supersize Me fella which by the way was a fairly interesting movie. The episode we watched featured an Atheist (free thinker) living with a Christian family right here in Frisco, Texas. It was interesting to watch how they communicated with each other and how they communicated with the others groups.

A few observations first. One being that the “Church” of Free Thinkers got a little defensive during their meeting time because they are not understood. One question they had was if they the Christian couple would you like it if “There is no God” is placed on all monies? What kind of silly question is that? All he needs to know is that it reads “IN GOD WE TRUST”.

I have a Q for all of the Free Thinkers out there. Do you ever come to any conclusions being such a free thinker? So being a Christian is not a free thinker? All Christians have faced the world on their own while thinking things thru on their own. The difference is that we have come to a conclusion in our thinking that Christ is the answer. We still have plenty of thoughts each day like whether or not we are going to live on our own or thru our Lord Jesus Christ for that day. It is a daily and sometimes by the hour thought process that we have. We have seen and at times have lived without the power of the Lord finding life to be better within his family than out.

Is having the thought that there is no God closed minded? I have to answer this question YES, since you have faith in your answer and you are not about to be persuaded otherwise. There would be no reason to hear anyone else’s side of things if your faith in your beliefs is strong. What makes Atheist’s free thinkers and Christians closed minded?

Why then do you follow the law as a free thinker, are there not better ways of doing things if you are truly a free thinker. You have no reason to truly live life if there is nothing to live for? Yes I know your family is a reason to live but why? God created the family institution to be second only to him.

Here is a fun game to think thru: What if a free thinking couple has three free thinking children and one day one of them comes home with Christ? Does this kid who has grown up as a free thinker all of a sudden have all thinking privileges revoked? Or is his free thought to choose Christ encouraged? Huh, well I do not know.

Also on the show the FT mother asked her youngest son if there is a higher power the young son said “you”. Kids are so honest aren’t they? Truly she has done a great job parenting her kids for them to know their authority in their lives. But then he changed his answer to himself and the mother then said good answer and encouraged him a bit. If the kid is being raised as a FT then how come mommy and daddy are encouraging their thoughts into him? Does that not then make the kid a non-FT?

Also the Christian family took them to see a Third Day concert and afterward they got the opinions of the kids and the concert. The daughter of the free thinker liked the music since she made an effort not to listen to the lyrics of the songs. That is some serious free thinking, not to listen to the other side.

I know these are just ramblings and I hope that I got them across clearly; sometimes my fingers do not always follow the old noggin in my non-thinking process. If they are the free thinkers can I call myself a clear thinker?

5 comments:

Steve said...

Clear thinker. I like that.

Anonymous said...

Clearly I am no longer able to think amny longer since I have come to so many conclusions already, it is so go to know that those "free thinkers" would let me not have to see "there is no god" printed on our money, I think I want to run right out and kiss an atheist for be soooo generous to me/us

Seth said...

Man..i spent ten minutes writing a reply to this last night! And it was before you commented on my blog. I just realized that you have word verification...I didn't see it, so my comment didn't get posted.

Boooo hooo. I check your blog often!

Anonymous said...

So what is your comment that did not post?

Thanks for reading and now commenting, Dude rock!!

Seth said...

To answer your question, my original comment was on your thoughts as a "free thinker". I really liked your perspective of how Christians and atheists, if looked at as two different beliefs, aren't all that different in the decisions they face. They just tend to choose the opposite.

Good stuff, Toby.

I also agree with you about season 2 of 24. Apparently, it's the least liked in 24 fan circles. I've heard incredibly things about 3 and 4 though.