Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I am a new convert to Free Thinking

OK I have had some interesting thoughts as of recent. These are just thoughts that may not have rhyme or be all too eloquent but they are my thoughts.

Last night was an interesting night with some deep conversation going on. I was a part of a group that included about 8 other guys. There was a word that was used rather frequently during the duration of the conversation. The word had been used a lot by the atheist in the 30 Days episode with her and the Christian family.

So this got me thinking about the word and what it means to me since it is a word that can be used by almost everyone.


Freedom
Main Entry: free·dom
Pronunciation: 'frE-d&m
Function: noun1 : the quality or state of being free: as a : the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action b : liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another

The word was actually “free” as in being free from, not as the cost or lack of cost of being bought & sold. We were discussing the sins in our lives, whether past or present, that have kept us from realizing Gods full grace. Many were feeling free from these sins and the bondage that lead them away from Christ. Others were expressing their want and need to have the feeling of complete freedom in Him. How can someone be free when they follow only the Lord my God?

Well for me it means that I had the freedom to choose Him which makes the relationship more meaningful. I am free from ever being any part of hell, free from having my sin count against me (not free from sin as many non-believers think we are) when in front of Christ and full of free love from Christ. It was a free gift that I accepted.

I still have the freedom to think of how life would be outside of Christ and unfortunately as everyone has lived outside of Him many of times. I still come to the same conclusion that Jesus is the way that my freedom will be granted and maintained. I have as I stated before realized that I am a clear thinker.

Free thinkers seem to have the belief that following God is being a slave to him and to his way of life. Where they fall flat is that having a relationship with Christ is a personal choice and a personal relationship with him.

This brings up a question that just popped up this morning on my commute to work. How can someone not Trust a God that has love for them all of the time. But yet love human kind that will continue to hurt us and let us down around many a corner? Hate to say that the hippies had it right when they all went around with signs saying FREE LOVE. Just that they had it all wrong and turned it all toward them selves and not to the Lord.

Where does all of this free thinking get them? If you come to a conclusion that there is no God are you still a free thinker? Wouldn’t a free thinker still have that as an unknown conclusion? Doesn’t that make them closed thinkers as they tend to portray us as closed minded. They closed their minds with the thought that there is a God.

I know Christ and He knows me even though I choose to continue to sin from time to time as all humans do. I am hoping to be free completely of sin and I know that I will be free of sin, desease and many other things this life on earth brings us. That is where we as Christians become Free Thinkers when we look toward our eternal life with Him whom created us.

Maybe someday I will be able to put all of my thoughts together in a nice piece of literature for y’all to understand someday but for know this is what you get.
Psalm 119:32
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by
International Bible Society
32 I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
I am proud to say that I am a Clear Thinker for I know where I am headed and a new convert to being a FREE THINKER.

No comments: