Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Well after being accepted to SIM this past weekend it has been a stressful week. It should have been a joyous week due to being accepted to SIM and our 2nd Anniversary on Monday. But thoughts of a joyous week are as far as the joy went for us.

Alycia left earlier than normal Monday morning since she missed two days of work last week and being a teacher this is her last week of school. So to get a few things done, packed and such she left early.

Well I was in the shower, I know information you did not need to know about, when I heard the phone and the mumblings of someone leaving a message. Thankfully she left the volume on Max otherwise I would not have heard it and then listened to it.

After drying off I went to listen to the message that was left. It was some guy telling me that my wife was just in an accident but she is alright. Of course you still hear in your ear that “she is alright” but your thought immediately turns to the worst possible picture. If that was not a terrifying thought in itself then the thought of our unborn kiddo Caden crossed my mind.

When I drove up her car was there teetering, OK more leaning than teetering, to one side. Did I mention that she took on a School Bus? Yikes, is she OK? Is Caden OK? Well as far as we know Caden is still bouncing in his little house and on momma’s bladder. Our first task after leaving the scene was to visit the Doc and have an Ultrasound done to see the little feller moving around and laughin away. Ok I am going for the dramatics here but he is fine from what we saw and how Alycia feels. Alycia on the other hand is OK as well. So both OK, maybe a little frazzled on my wife’s side but she shall over come.

The Car on the other hand has just been deemed “Totaled” by the body shop. This past December bought a “new” car for my sorry butt and now six months later we are now searching for another vehicle. Do you know the headache in searching for a “new” car? No wonder I tend to hold onto them for as long as I can.

If it was not for the angle she took it would have been far worse that what it was. Thank the Lord she had just enough time to

Well our two year Anniversary day was this past Monday. We are actually celebrating this fact this weekend in Houston at my wife’s fav restaurant. We had this dinner date planned for a few weeks now, since we decided to visit the K&R WILSON RESORT (my in-laws, past picture posted of their backyard) in the Houston Area.

I will post a pick or two possibly later of the “totaled car”.

Peace out

2 comments:

Mercy's Maid said...

That's too bad! I remember when you posted about your new car--seems like it was just yesterday.

I'm very glad to hear that the wife and kiddo are OK though. That would be scary.

Toebee's Fumes said...

It was not that "new" car thankfully. It was her car that she had for years.