Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Call the dentist I need a tooth extracted


Ok this is just a social post on my part because I see someone with one of these things attached to their ear more and more often.

Bluetooth - a wireless headset for those with too many wires wrapped around their head they cannot see.

I know I am not the only one who sees people wearing these everywhere now. I was at a restaurant a few days ago and witnessed what I feel is complete and udder rudeness. There was a table about 10 feet away from me with one guy and two ladies present having lunch. They seemed to all be chatting away with each other having a good conversation from the looks of it. My problem is that the guy sat there for the half hour or so I was there with this thing implanted in his ear. He was not talking to anyone on it but to the ladies at the table.

Come on dude take the thing out of your ear!! How did the ladies feel that their time was not valuable to him since he had to have this in his ear the whole time. Is he waiting for the Lord to call and does not want to miss Him? Or does he actually think that he is studly cuz he has a wireless headset? Is it a new fashion image that I find to be ugly and idiotic?

If you wear one when you are actually talking to someone and then take it off until the next time you chat with someone then cool for you. That is totally awesome that you are using it to free your hands to do other tasks while you chat. I have no problem with that it is just those that have to walk around with it implanted in their ears. To me these people look silly and I do believe that I am not the only one that thinks this way or at least I hope that I am not the only one.

When you see someone driving a 1988 Cutless Ciera with it rusted out and black smoke puffing out the tail pipe wearing one of these it just looks plan silly. Maybe they have AAA on the phone the whole time while they are driving as to let them know where they bust down next. Or maybe they need that left hand to hold the door shut. Do us all a favor and use the cash to repair the car or maybe buy a 1989 Cutless Ciera.

Then yesterday in the dallas morning news I read something that is adding fuel to the fire. It states "Cheaper and simpler is a powerful combination when combined with marketers like to call the "sexiness" of a product such as this". AHHHHHH, sexiness? What?

Oh well it is time for me to step down from my soap box and look at my unsexiness due to no wireless headset. Right said Fred!! I am too sexy for my bluetooth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are the borg.

We must assimilate you into our collective!

Resistance is futile!

Toebee's Fumes said...

Even being futile, I will resist.