Wednesday, May 31, 2006

No love for XXL

Hey there! Well we made it back from New York safe and sound. I have to come out and say one thing that disappointed me during our trip to NY. As some of you know I am a fairly large feller and that means that most of my clothes tend to be a bit larger than most of you odd sized shorter peeps.

So being in New York and a tourist I had to find something that everyone has to get while in the city. We searched high (Empire State Buildings 102nd floor) all the way into the depths of the subway system and could not locate what I was searching for. OK I found thousands (slight exageration) of places that were selling what my eyes have been searching for only to be let down each time. I could have bought up to 4 of them for ten dollars!! I could have gotten each of you out there one but none for myself. If I could not have one then why would I buy one for ya'll? Sorry but it was all about me and the cheese in my search.

What am I rambling on and on about? I (heart) New York T-shirts. I could not find one XXL I Love New York t'shirt in all of Manhatten. We looked in Little Italy where there was a street festival going on down Mulberry Street. Had Dinner there and then from there we went to Chinatown. The smell of fish was very prevalant but no XXL. Time Square had tons for everyone else but not for the big feller.

SoHo had a great destination called Balthazar for breakfast. The sad thing is for the price of breakfast I could have bought 17 or so t'shirts. But who would I have given all of them too? Greenwich Village where some New York ballers where showing their stuff on a corner hoops court while the Lower East side near
Katz's Delicatessen were still void of the XXL.

Rockefeller Plaza, Midtown, Central Park and places in between and nothing. Park avenue had zero diamond studed "I heart New York shirts".

Well as you can see the "Tourist" trap of NYC insnarled us even though we did get off the beaten trail a few times which was nice.

Land was not holding me back from finding this elusive XXL. We took a Dinner Cruise and still no shirt. Not even one floating in the East River or any other River we went on. The Green Lady of Liberty wasn't even wearing an XXL. If there is none for her then what makes me feel like they would have my size?

Over all a great trip and there is much more to see or did we see it all?

Pics to follow!!

No comments: