Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Soon and very soon!

In about 3 days (depending when you might be reading this) my wife and I will be in New York City. As you can tell I am not at all excited about the trip. We are going to be there a total of three days. How do you fill that much time in New York? Well we will certainly give it a try.

One thing that I am going to set out to do is not to be a "tourist". I am not the biggest tourist out there, even though phyiscally I can compete for that distinction, so we want to try and get local flavor. Rather than all of the tourist traps out there. I know what you are thinking, yea right in New York City midtown they are going to think that you are local yocal. I know I will be set apart from my tan!!

Well anyway how do I plan to do that? Good question, I do not exactly know at this time. One way is to find the coolest hole in the wall deli and have lunch!! Hopefully a true Deli Rueben Sandwich unlike what they try to pass for one here in Dallas. Even in Milwaukee they have a true Deli that serves Ruebens the way they are intended to be made.

Another highlight will be our layovers in Milwaukee as I mentioned earlier. We are being met at the airport by my bro and his wife along with my nieces (his kids for those playing along at home). Then on the way back I have a friend going to meet us then hopefully with others. Both of these instances we have plenty of time to be taken out of the airport for lunch and dinner. Too cool!!


Well anyways just a few days to go until our trip to New York and then 3 and a half weeks until we take our team of High School kids to Costa Rica for 10 days.

How cool is all that?

1 comment:

Steve said...

You might try wearing black and some wire rim shades... and black boot-like shoes with dark baggy jeans or black pants. Like you work in downtown Dallas, basically ;-)