Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Couple of things

Went the the State Fair of Texas over the weekend and saw Jars of Clay. Great show by the way! That is not why I write today the reason for this part of the post are all the people walking around the fair. It tends to draw out a different type of crowd than what I am used too. Who walks around all day with a big ol' Pink, Purple, mauve, sienna or what other color fuzzy hat all day? Saw people with a hat that is a chicken. Granted my home state seems to have started the crazy craze by putting a "wedge" of cheese on their noggin. Darn Cheese heads.

But that is not all, how about those that go through the sales buildings buying up all kinds of things. From flag poles, to chamois for their car, these sweeper thingy's and all sorts of other stuff. They purchase it and then walk around the fair holding onto these things all day. I saw a number of people with the flag pole kits walking around all day.

My helpful hints to the State Fair experience:
1. If you see something you want to purchase go back and buy them at the END of the FAIR as you are walking out. This way you are not carrying it around with you or knocking anyone upside the head with it like the "Three Stooges".
2. When in the Midway and you win the Big One why not wait as well for later in the night to win it and hang it over your back like you just scored a 18 point buck during hunting season.
3. Wait for your kids to get to an age that they can enjoy it. I do not know how many strollers I almost tripped over. If you insist on bringin the kiddo please leave your Escalade of baby strollers home please. I had one lady cut me off with a three wide stroller, wide load ahead.

*********************************************************************************

On another note I was struck by the two different disasters that hit the US this week. One was the 6.7 earthquake that hit and the other was the flooding yesterday in Houston. The thing that struck me is that in Hawaii there were no casualties but yet in Houston there were 4 deaths reported. All of the deaths there were caused by humans such as trying to drive thru 10 feet of water underneath an overpass. Going over a bridge over a swollen river, that has a mighty current by the way, and having your car swept away and into the river.

I'm afraid to drive thru 5 inches of water with my car but some people feel comfortable trying to drive through 4 feet of water.

I know there is an H3 commercial these days were it shows it going underwater. I am somewhat sure that it cannot do that and if it cannot do that I am sure that other vehicles cannot either.

What does that tell you of people these days?

No comments: