Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I am still a man

I am still a man, this is my disclaimer before you read the rest of the post.

I have always thought that too much of a bad thing can easily currupt the mind and thinking of anyone. No matter how close to God we are when we put too much of a bad thing our thinking does change. With this last week of all of the School killings and all of the middle east violence has got me a thinkin. With the Killings this week of the five Amish girls in Pennsylvania has gotten most people thinking. But yet most people will watch the news about these killings and feel affected and feel horrible. But yet they will keep their TV set tuned for CSI, NCIS, Smith or any other show that has killings portrayed in them.

What if? has become a huge question in my mind recently.

What if I could sit down and enjoy a program without having to wonder who was going to be killed or who is going to sleep with whom? We have kids growing up with all of this crap in video games, TV, movies, internet and in the news. Hey I am a fan of the shoot em up video games, action flicks with everything being blown up but there has to be a line that is too much? Right? Have we passed that line? I feel we have.

I used to think that those that used to attack Music, movies and everything else had too much time on their hands to worry about all of this. But as I go on in my life and see what type of movies are out there for us all to see and to watch the news for the next school shooting. The sad thing this week is 2 of the three were adults gunning down kids. What a great example for those kids who have those feelings of hurting someone, if an adult can do it why not me.

We are approaching a time if not in already of where there is no such thing as innocense of a child anymore. Teachers sleeping with Jr. High kids, kids having their schools attacked, molestation, kids caught in the cross fire of rival gangs, religious killings, Senators hitting on young boys and threats of killing for their "religion", internet and unfortuntely there are so many more things that go on in this world.

What is wrong with this world? We have a parent suing their kids school district over their kids field trip to the museum. The kids saw a nude scuplture and painting while on this trip. What kid hasn't gone to the museum and saw these things? I would be interested to see the TV habits of these kids when they get home and what things they watch and see there. Art is art and not graphic in it's portrayel of things such as TV and movies. Are we not going after the wrong people in instances like this?

What if? movie studios cut down gaphic movies that have violence that is not needed? Who has gone to a movie and sat thru scenes and asked your self "what did that have to do with anything else in the movie"? Or been to a shoot em up movie and a sex scene busts out in the middle of it? Where did that come from and what does that have to do with anything in the plot?

What are kids remembering? Are they remembering more what they learn in Church, School or last nights TV show, or the last movie they saw?

I am still a man I tell you!! I do still enjoy things to be blown up but sometimes enough is enough. These days even adults are influenced by what they see. They have lost the line between fantasy and real life.

No comments: