Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Catch up will ya!

Well for a while I was trying to think of what to write since I felt kinda dry. But recently it rained and things are brighter and looking alive once again. This is who I am starting to see the things going on in my life and with my wife.

Let me begin by saying that we have turned in our applications to our Churchs Candidate program. This is a program that assists those looking to the mission field a way of connection with others being called while giving us an opportunity to learn about the field. We are both really excited about the opportunities the Lord has for us in the future.

This weekend we took another step and e-mailed various mission agencies to start our process on find the best fit for our future plans. As of right now we are looking toward working in Africa specifically the country of Nigeria. My brother and his family have been working there in various positions for the last 5 years. It would be so awesome to be able to work side by side or at least within the same country with my Brother. Their web site is
www.abtstract.com if interested in learning more about his ministry there. He has worked with youth and is currently working in Sports Ministry throughout the country. We look forward to possibly working with him for a few years so if you could pray for us and the Lords direction for us that would be great.

Wildlife, BTBF's Jr. High, program is just getting underway. I have a new group, they are eight graders that had a different leader last year. It will be a good year but with the change of leaders some kids tend to take that harder than others. But I am looking forward to year and to see how I will be used in their lives. One of them I am currently disciplining and even better I had his brother in my group three years ago. He was in my group for 3 years. I have been here in Dallas that long, yikes. After two years of working with Alycia at Wildlife this year she has taken a different direction towards the Womens ministry there. So that will be an adjustment since it was great working with her in Ministry here at Church.

Next Monday I am also starting a class at a local Church. They have a Theology Program that I have entered myself in. I will be taking Intro to Theology for the first class in hopes that I pass that and proceed further into the program. This way I have some knowledge of all of that while out in the field working for him.

What else could be up? There are plenty of other things up but these are the biggest and scariest things. Please pray for us as we start the process of leaving what we know and are lead by the Lords Hand to where he wants us.

No comments: