Tuesday, September 26, 2006

have you ever

Have you ever sat thru numerous different things and got the same message out of each one of them even with different messages being put forth? Conviction! Not a message on conviction but that I need to be convicted of something.
I can hear the jokes now, so let me know your best punch line to my last statement of being convicted of something.

Well that happened to me this past weekend. Saturday night we had Lifegroup (MiniChurch) then Sunday we went to two different Churches and their Services. Went to Bent Tree and then to McKinney Bible to see my buddies daughter baptized. In each one of these things I heard only one thing. I need to change.

Recently I have been experiencing many personalities that I have a very tough time dealing with. Right now there are 4 people who are in my immediate life that tend to drive me crazy. These personalities are tough for a laid back guy like myself to deal with since they are so over the top.

Well the Lord was speaking to me all weekend that I have to change this. I need to seek out the Lords guidance and patience in dealing with these people. I was not looking for this as his answer since I never really questioned him to change me on this aspect of who I am. I always just tried to ignore in hopes of them going away. I have always known this not the correct way to deal with it but it has worked for me in the past, why not know?

Well now that we are seeking out his work on the Mission Field someday he needs for me to change this aspect of who I am. My wife and I will be coming across so many new and different personalities that we need His Love to be shown to these. Ignoring them has not shown them God's love and grace.
OK, Not fair at all. Reading thru this week lessons for the Wildlife (Jr.High group at my Church) has hit me across the head as well. Can one love someone in Christ even when they despise them and find them hard to be around? Of course not! One of the fruits of the spirit is Love right? Well when you are not sharing love what are you doing? Not reflecting Christ but doing satan's work.
Need to work thru conflict rather than running away from it like I have and find the place where Christ's Love shines thru me all of the time even to those I choose not to deal with. The fact remains that God has chosen them to Love as he has everyone and it is up to me to reflect his love to them.

Maybe no one else took the message the way I did but since he is working on me hard in this area that is what I am seeing.

Guilty as Charged, but being broken!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please, Please pray for me. I feel that I am being attacked from too many directions and I do not want to back down from them, in the name of the Lord. Amen.