Thursday, January 18, 2007

Would you like some ice with that?

Well yesterday was another icy day here in Dallas. Oh what fun it has been. We, as with most of Dallas, were home all day yesterday due to the roads. We had about a half inch of sleet piled up on our streets and driveway. I did leave in the evening time to go to Church for the Jr. High group. There were a few icy spots but not all too much since it was not all to far for me to go.

Well back to work today but it seems that they are predicting more of the same icy conditions over the night tonight and Friday night. You can thank me now for writing about the weather tonight. I have a tendency to say things in advance for it only to not then happen. So thank me know for the non icy conditions Friday or the weekend.

Perfect example is one year I went to a U of Wisconsin hockey game vs. North Dakota while both teams were ranked in the top five. Well UW was up on ND by 2 points with like 5 minutes to go in the game and I was having a little fun with a fella next to me that was cheering for ND. Yeah, they lost 5-4 that day all cuz I spoke to soon about a for sure victory. I have plenty of these types of stories in my life, I tend to speak to soon and the outcome usually turns the opposite way.

Well I got some reading done yesterday for a two page paper that I have to finish for our candidacy into the Missions Department at Church. Will getting that done I still have plenty to do by Monday of next week for the class we are taking on Islam. It looks like it will be good reading and very helpful in my search to be more knowledgeable. I almost said "to be knowledgeable" but I have a long long way to ever achieve that status so I put more knowledgeable. Since they say the only way you can go from the bottom is up so I am in good shape, right?

No comments: