Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Our little egg

Well Easter has passed for another year. Now if I can only remember each and everyday of the year what the significance of Christ's resurrection is to me.

Well yesterday afternoon I went with my wife to the Doc's office and had a little ultra sound thing going on to check out the progress and growth of my wifes egg. Man it is too cool to hear the little heart beat a goin so quickly for such a small little person.

If that was not cool enough for us to know that there is another heart beating within my wife we got to see the little person as well. We saw it's head, arms, legs and it's little feet. My wife has been praying for each of it's toes and fingers so at this point we know it has most toes accounted for. So dear keep praying!

At one point we were looking at the babies head area when all of a sudden it's arm came up to the side of it's head. From the view we had it looked like it knew we were out there looking in on him and it wanted to see if it could see us lookin in on it. Ya know when ya want to see something inside ya plant your face up to the glass and put your hands to the side of your face to look in? That is what it looked like. Kinda cute and fun to think of our baby trying to see us as well. But it is not a two way street there kiddo, sorry.

We wanted to see what to start calling the kid since we have names picked out for the kiddo already. But the kid just wanted to sit cross legged the whole time on it's mommies bladder. As of right now it is breach but as we saw yesterday it can and will continue to move around in it's womb without a view (thanks wierd al' for that saying).

One last thing that we saw was it's heart a flutering away like a little butterfly. Kinda wild to think that I had been used by the Lord to create such a little being that will grow to know Him. Whether or not he accepts Him is up to him, we are praying at this time and in the future that it will come to a saving knowledge of Him who created us and our little kiddo stewing and growing within it's mommie.

Next appointment will be in a month so more updates then.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...that is so sweet...we should print this and keep it.

deersnake said...

Jump the shark poll - how sweet that is. I want my own poll. Yes, this comment has nothing to do you with your sappy post. I totally agree with you, though. The whole miracle of life thing is pretty amazing.

You shouldn't be so mean to the paid staff.

- Erik

Toebee's Fumes said...

What do you mean Erik? I leave a tip for my wait staff?

I am mean to no one, am I? Now ya got me concerned that I did something to someone at sometime that I did not realize that I might have done to this something to someone at sometime.

Me confused!

Mercy's Maid said...

Congratulations on getting to see him...I mean her...I mean him. Well, if you want to start a baby poll, I vote boy. But I'm always wrong.

Toebee's Fumes said...

Nooooo, u r not wrong. It is a boy!! Well we do not know but that is what I want for the first kiddo!