Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Revelation

I was driving to Sonic this noon for a Strawberry-Banana smoothie for lunch and as I was this car goes zooming past me. The limit on the sign states 50 and I was going a little over the limit myself. Two tickets in the last 2 years will make ya a little less likely to go to far over. I guess that is the point eh? No that is not my revelation during this particular drive of mine.


The car that flew by me had one of those Fish decals on it. I got to thinking about why some people insist on having them on their cars when they tend to drive faster than the posted limit. I for one do not have a sticker that says "Jesus saves" or a fish decal on my car since I tend to speed a bit (I have two tickets to prove it). I know for those faithful readers from Church are now picking themselves up off the floor right now. Again not my revelation that I speed, maybe a revelation for those around me but not for me.


My revelation is this. I always felt a bit betrayed by their testimony of telling people that they believe in Christ but yet cannot believe in the posted limit. I know I am guilty of it as well. But my revelation is that they are actually helping out the kingdom.


Why? How? You may be asking yourself.


Let me tell you. What they are wanting to do is to spread the the facts of Christ to more people. What better way of doing that than by speeding down the road to get Christ in front of more eyeballs.


Genius I tell ya, genius!

4 comments:

Mercy's Maid said...

Ha! That's one heck of a revelation. Funny!

Steve said...

As someone who [may or may not be] a pastor without a fish decal for similar reasons, it's good to know we at least have a precedent. Jehu (who killed Jezebel) was known for his driving--see 2 Kings 9.20.
And, if you take it way out of context, Jeremiah once commanded it in Jeremiah 46.9!

Anonymous said...

I always speed, BUT never so it is drawing attention to myself, I finally learned after a few to many visits from smokey.
But if no one is in front of me why should I go slow???

Anonymous said...

P.S. that is one of my reasons I leave off the fish sign...