Monday, October 29, 2007

Have I accepted His gift?

Have I accepted it today?

I was thinking and praying last week on my drive into the office and came up with something. Most likely it means nothing new to anyone else but to me it makes sense and is something that I need to keep in mind. We can hear something hundreds of times and it have no effect on our lives until we figure it out and personalize it.

Well I realized something during my time with Him on my drive in.

Ya know how people always say that you need to accept the Gift of the Spirit into our lives to make our lives complete? That when there is an alter call it is usually someone accepting the Gift of Christ into their lives. This is the one gift of eternal life that is usually given.

Why is it just once that we need to accept a gift from Him? Ya know what else the Lord has for me? He has love for me, strength, wisdom and heaps of blessings for each one of us each day. Why then do I not accept the gift of his love, strength and wisdom each and everyday?

He is there everyday holding out his hands for us to take a hold and guide us thru our day. Each and everyday he is there whether I care or not he is there. He is there to heap blessings upon me. Holding it out there for me to grab and be blessed by his love, strength and wisdom each and every day.


I have started to accept his gifts each and every morning on my way to work before I begin the day. Then at night I can then go thru the things from the day and thank him for his gift he offered and I accepted.

Man what an easy concept, so why has it taken me so long to realize it. This will look different for everyone but give it some thought and look to Him who has blessed us with so much.

No comments: