Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Thanks copper

OK I just got back from getting my lunch so I thought I would post real quick. Well not just because I got back from lunch but I have a bit of time to do so. For those interested I went to the Corner Bakery and had half of a Ham sandwitch on Pretzel bread with a cup of Chili. I did not eat it all either even though it was tasty. Not the tastiest meal I had but it hit a spot in my tummy.

While driving there I needed to turn right onto a Blvd with three lanes. Well I turned into the middle lane due to the fact that the left lane went further back than the middle lane. I had some time to get over one more lane to make my left turn into the parking lot. As I waited there I plotted out my best scenario and moves in getting across the street to buy said lunch. As I sat there I looked into my rear view mirror and noticed an unmarked police car behind me. So in my plotting I realized I could not make my move in the middle of the intersection so I had to make it left fast or wait until after the light.

Well the light turns green so I start moving forward along with everyone else so I put my left blinker on to move over. Blinkers in Dallas means one thing I believe, speed up so no one else can squeeze before you in line. Well I noticed that the cop moved over before the intersection to the lane I needed to occupy. For sure he sees my blinker and will have sympathathy since the mini van along side of me mirrored my everymove. If I slowed down they seemed to slow and if I sped up they seemed to speed up. Trapped and the saving grace would be the cop to let me over.

Wrong, he seemed to have sped up as well to fill in the gap between himself and the mini van ahead of him. Nice copper! So I had to almost come to a stop in the middle lane for cars to pass me to get over. I had to make manuvers that I dislike making but I was hungry and if you know MacArthur Blvd. during lunch in Irving, Texas you know how traffic is. It is just a mad house with cars stacked on top of one another it seems.

Well anyways that was my lunch time. OK this went a lot longer than I thought when I started typing, sorry about that.

I learned one thing for sure, blinkers in Dallas seem to be an option on new cars since no one seems to use one and secondly they do not know what they seem to used for.

I know silly northerner who still actually believes in blinkers and in people like the police.

Hats off to Irvings finest! NOT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just tried to post a comment and it didn't go through...anyhow, I wanted to say that I have been thinking about this a lot last night and this morning because I have been behind at least 5 cars in the last 24 hours who did not use blinkers! Also, did you notice that you almost got run over by a very fast truck last night when we were on Plano Pkwy? He was coming from Intl. and wanted to get into your lane - actually, he looked like he wanted your spot in the lane. I'm glad he realized you were there and quickly manuevered back into the right lane.

Toebee's Fumes said...

Did not notice that, were you following me again? Oh that's right I was following you, oops silly me.