Saturday, December 23, 2006

Be afraid, very afraid!

Ok so this is not actually the post of the year since the photos did not turn out as well as I thought they would have. I had higher hopes for this little project but this is what I have. I just see way to many homes that have too many things going on with their Christmas Decorations. I was inspired to bring this to my peeps, all 1.5 of y'all.



House #1
Sorry about the photo it does not show the house off as much as I would have liked.
Ok this house went crazy with the inflatables. Where did these things come from and a bigger question that I have is why do people think these look good in their front yards.


House #2

Again sorry about the photo it does not doe the ugliness justice.

This one has the "isicles" hangin from the roof, inflatibles, the old school plastic light ups and lines of lights around the front yard.

House #3

All that needs to be said is that there are two sets of reindeer and colorful "icicle" lights yikes!

House #4

The pictues are coming out a bit better!

Keep one theme please!!

House #5

Again, KEEP ONE THEME!! Can you see the helicopter lights on the roof, that is Santa arriving in style to their home. Way to many lights, way to many themes and just plain silliness.

The funniest thing that came to mind while out taking these photos is if someone saw us taking the photos of their home. They must have thought that we liked it so much that we just had to have a photo. Or better yet that maybe their home might be in the community newspaper showing off their most beautiful home to the world. Nope, only me posting about how much silliness is going on out there.

These people take pride in putting all of this up, this scares me a bit!

Couple of sites to look at that feel the same as I do! Click on the links below

http://www.uglychristmaslights.com/

http://www.tackylighttour.com/

Richmond Dispatch, This is about an actual contest to be the tackiest light display each year. If that is the case more power to you.

Well again sorry about the post after getting your hopes up for my best post of the year. Do look over to the side and Vote for your favorite worst house out of the 5!

MERRY CHRISTMAS


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have voted for # 5 but having seen all of the houses in person, I really think # 1 was the worst...only because those inflatable things are quite tacky enough on their own...but to have such a large collection - too much!!!!! # 5 at least had people driving to see it, causing quite the traffic jam...and they had a violinist to soothe the viewer during the wiat....ok, this family does go WAY overboard but I still think #1 was the worst!

Mercy's Maid said...

My best friend and I have a tradition of driving around town and commenting on tacky Christmas lights. Thanks for the links you provided. I'll have to take a look at those. Here's a link to my synopsis of the worst Christmas lights *last* Christmas (we didn't get to drive around this year).

http://mercysnumber1fan.blogspot.com/2005/12/as-promisedtacky-christmas.html

http://mercysnumber1fan.blogspot.com/2005/12/tacky-christmas-continued.html

Oh, and congratulations on your bowl win.

Mandy said...

Found your post from the link on Mercy's Maid's blog. This is a great entry. My sister and I have a tradition of criticizing Christmas tree lights every year. The tackiness really can be quite amazing.

Toebee's Fumes said...

Thanks for stopping by. I have one more to post this evening or at least sometime this week.

GO BADGERS!!