Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Springs are hot

This is a quick post to see if there is anyone out there that knows anything about Hot Springs, Arkansas. I know some of ya know something about it or maybe too much about it. The reason I am asking is that my wife and I will be traveling there in a week and a half to visit her Grandmother who just moved there from Stamps, AR. We will be there for the weekend and are looking for any suggestions on where you think would be the best place to visit/eat at. Since neither of us have been there so any suggestions would be great.
Even if you have just driven thru and stopped someplace you enjoyed let me know. We are open to anything at this time since we know absolutely nothing about Hot Springs.
Thanks for any suggestions.

2 comments:

Mercy's Maid said...

Can't believe I haven't seen this until now.

Hot Springs happens to be my old stomping grounds.

1. Live horse racing. Not sure if you're into that kind of thing, but it's racing season.

2. Maxines. If you like coffee, check out Maxines downtown. The atmosphere is great and they have live bands sometimes.

3. The Arlington. It's a historic hotel, and on some nights they have a jazzy-type band and people go there to dance (totally free). It's really fun to go watch some very elderly people dance like crazy (they really know what they're doing).

4. Mid-America Museum. It's geared toward kids, but I think it's a lot of fun and I've yet to grow out of it. It's a hands on science museum. It's very nice.

5. Across from The Arlington, there's a little trail that goes up a hill. There are a few hot springs up there if I remember correctly.

6. There's an observation tower too, just down the road from The Arlington.

Lots of stuff in that general area.

There are also art galleries, etc.

Not sure what you're into, but I heart Hot Springs. It makes me feel wistful because I spent a lot of time there when I was in college.

BTW, I added you to my blogroll.

Toebee's Fumes said...

Thanks for the suggestions, I will let ya know what we do and where we visit.

Also thanks for the Add. I am blushing!