Monday, February 26, 2007

Few things

First of all thanks to all of you that left me and my wife a few ideas on my last post about Hot Springs and things to do there. We appreciate each 1 of you.

Just a few things that I found kind of odd that I thought I might share with you "my faithful audience".

1. This morning I was driving to work and pulled behind a Large white van that had written on the back of the van "This vehicle makes frequent stops". But when I saw the company that was written on the side I am not thinking all too positive of the company and it's products. The company is GE Appliances. Are their products not that good that it has to make so many frequent stops? They could have stated it a little differently in my oppinion.

2. This statememt was in an article this morning that I read. "It shows what people are driven to when they don't have access to marriage and the conventional way of forming a family," said Mary Bonauto, an attorney with Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders, the Boston-based group that won the legal battle that introduced gay marriage to Massachusetts.

The context of the article is not important just the statement that is made. When did people loose access to marriage? As I see it everyone has the option to get married don't they? As a woman you find yourself a man and you say your "I Do's" and kiss the groom. As a male you find yourself a woman say your "I do's" and kiss the bride and wam-o your married. OK I know there is more to marriage than just that but I wanted to make a quick point.

Secondly isn't the conventional way of forming a family between a man and a women? Having a little fun until a baby is born. Have I missed something here?

Vote now on who has had the hardest job recently -------->

1 comment:

Mercy's Maid said...

"It shows what people are driven to when they don't have access to marriage and the conventional way of forming a family,"

I guess she needs to take up her issue with biology. Same sex couples will never have access to the "conventional" way of forming a family because they can't have babies in the "conventional" way. Simple biology.