Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Funny thoughts

Does anyone know how to turn off this big ol' light on the front of my vehicle. It is a big neon red light that reads "Please pull in front of me, I insist!". This noon I went to Chili's about 10 minutes away from my office and had 5 vehicles pull in front of me.

It was not like this was a one lane street where they "had" too, it is a major road with 3 lanes in each direction. But people insisted on pulling into my lane when there were 2 other lanes to choose from and a larger opening behind me.

I almost swapped paint with one cuz they got pulled into my lane so of course your next maneuver is to get into the middle lane from the right lane to pass. Well as I was getting into the other lane to pass they decided they wanted that lane as well only going 10 mph. It is not like I drive a small vehicle that you cannot see.
=================================
OK secondly I pulled up along side of a old and beat down van with some advertising on the side. So I took a look over and noticed that it was a Home Maintenance company. If this fella pulled up to your home in this old and beaten down jalopy to fix your home how comfortable would you feel with him and his work? Not wanting to sound mean or anything but I would have to send him or at least question him on his work for a couple reasons.

1. How handy is his work if his van looks this bad?
2. Does he not get enough biz so he cannot afford to purchase a newer van? Especially these days when large vehicles are out there for far cheaper due to gas prices.

Appearance is so much in the business world these days, especially to businesses that plaster their name on the side of a van or truck making their truck a rolling billboard.

Well anyways this was my drive to Chili's at noon to meet Mr. Sprybot (which by the way Stevie P. spells my name when reading it backwards, coolness).
=================================
One more funny thing I was just realized about my community. Recently an active adult community rose from the grounds a few blocks from where I live. Even more recently a 3 story 3 tier nursing home arose adjacent to that community. Well I noticed on the other side of the street is yet another nursing home currently popping up out of the ground.

If you lived in the Active Adult community how uneasy would that make you feel? Maybe if you are not active enough they automatically kick you up to the nursing home. Or aftter living there a while you start seeing all of your neighbors walking all of their furniture up the road to their new room at the nursing home.

No comments: