Monday, November 20, 2006

Thanksgiving week

For the first time since I moved here 5 1/2 years ago from da frozen nort of Winter I had a fleeting thought. "It is the Holiday Season", with Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years right around the corner. It is hard to feel that way here in Texas without snow and the frozen gound as up dar in good ol' Wisconsin as early as a few weeks ago. But I actually had it about a week ago, I have been intriqued to why this had popped up but have not been able to figure it out as of yet.

Maybe it is the fact that my rentals (parents by the way for those unfamiliar with my natural language Toebeenese) are coming into town tonight from Orlando. They arrive later tonight while I am off at a class so my loverly wife will be picking them up. They will be here for an entire week, and if they are reading this we are looking forward to having you here with us.

OK, most of you who are reading this are asking yourself. Self, why o why would they not want to go to Orlando over having his rentals come to Dallas, TX? Well self we have been there many times and the last time time they were here was for our wedding and we did not get out much to show them around. So that is why, plain and simple, we are idiots for not going to Orlando. Just kidding we are looking forward to hosting Thanksgiving at our home this year as well, show the rentals their youngest son is all grown up now at the tender age of 35.

FANTASY UPDATE
OK I know most of you are also wondering how I did in my fantasy league, I won! I know have a streak of 8 straight wins so that makes me 9-2. I know there is still one game tonight but I do not think Jeremy Shockey can make up 56 points to tie and 57 to beat me. MVP's for this week,
LaDainian Tomlinson (SD) and Lee Evans (Buffalo). SWEET!

1 comment:

Alycia said...

What! We could have spent this week in Orlando? Why wasn't Iinformed of this option? Hee Hee...I am glad we are staying here and I am looking forward to showing your folks around my "adopted" hometown on Friday...I'm talking about FW!