Thursday, November 09, 2006

Perspective

This has been a rough week for me in many ways and one of those just happens to be work. I know everyone enjoys their jobs so much how could anyone have a hard time at work? Well I am, being in sales is rough enough but when you come in on Monday with a great looking week and most sales fall off to the side tends to be a bit harsh. So this has me frustrated a bit and other things tend to pile on top of that since your senses are hightened more to what frustrates you.

What is my objective here at my place of employment? To earn the phat cash to buy whatever hype cool thing there is to purchase? Have I lost true perspective about how lucky I am to live in a country and make the kind of money I want to be happy?

I ran across an article (Missionary says Christian church meets '3 or 4' at a time) this morning on WorldNetDaily.com. For those of us in America that complain about life here in the states have no right to argue. Here I am feeling frustrated due to my sales numbers not being as high as they should be this week while other countries throw Christians in prison just for having a saving faith in the Jesus.

How can I complain? especially when you read
"When we gather together we close all of the windows and all
of the blinds," Roli described. "We don't have curtains over there but somehow
we cover up the windows and we send all of the children outside. You cannot
gather with many people … maybe three or four. "
There are estimates of tens thousands of Christians detained
in prison camps just for their faith. Sometimes entire families are imprisoned
because of a statement from just one member, reports said.

Roli knows the risks are high: four of her Christian
friends so far have been executed because of their witness. She was arrested
herself, and has spent time in those prison camps.
Which one of us could live like that for living out their faith?
Roli's trips into North Korea, where she's developed an extensive network of house meeting locations, have shown her that no level of repression will kill the Christian spirit.

"People are less afraid. (Christians) are becoming bolder to share the gospel. They know Kim Il Sung is not the one that has saved them and not the one who is feeding them. They are starting to believe in God. Many people are coming to faith."
Man my God is great, my life is great, my job is great and my country is great. As they do on a regular basis I need to start seeing the Lord and what he has done for me in saving this sinner from spending eternity apart from him. With what I own and what I can do with my life, what right do I have to complain?
I also need to remember some friends of mine, Warren and Donna Pett, who were killed in Uganda a few years ago leading others to Christ. They died so others can have the Freedom in Christ that I take for granted her in Texas. Look forward to seeing them again and hearing their stories and meeting those they had an impact on while here on Earth.
Praise him in all that we do.

No comments: